Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Diary Entry 9 -- June 2, 1778

To my amazement, we have not yet reached our destination. I chose to set sail to Carrickfergus, which only made sense to me as it is where all of this began. I allotted my crew one week to sail the Encounter to the port of Carrickfergus, and it has now been nearly two weeks since we have embarked on this voyage.

Perhaps I have misjudged my bearings? No, I don't believe so. I know my way around these waters all too well to make such a mediocre mistake.

I have ordered the crew to take smaller food rations for their meals, as this venture is lasting much longer than originally intended. A few men, however, have not had the chance to eat as much as others and have shown symptoms of illness. I expect to arrive at our destination within the next day, so I am off to inform my men they will find nourishment soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment