Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Diary Entry 8 -- May 26, 1778

Moments ago, I awoke from a nightmare. The silhouette of a man was standing in my home, in my absence, watching and listening to Rose and Frederick. Neither spoke. They roamed aimlessly around the house as this horrifying man concentrated his leering gaze on the two of them. Suddenly, Frederick collapsed to the floor and lay motionless. Moments later, Rose fell as well. There was no movement, no noise. Complete silence. The veiled man parted his lips slightly, and a grotesque mixture of putrid green and deep red dripped from his mouth down his chin to the floor. Suddenly, Frederick disappeared, faded into nothingness. It was in this moment I forced myself awake. It has only just set in that I truly miss my family and, in an irrational way, I worry about their safety from this mysterious being.

The thought, however, is nonsensical. It was only a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment