Monday, July 22, 2013

Diary Entry 3 -- May 15, 1778

It has been nearly two weeks since my last entry. I think now would be a good time to give a rather brief update on my progress. I believe I have finally taken my first steps to crawling out of this vermin infested hole and returning to my life of nobility and honour; sadly, those steps have been far from noble or honourable. 

Stealing has become second nature to me. Be it from young couriers or old merchants, I have learned how to pick what I need from their lined pockets and vanish quietly into the busy sea of citizens. Not to say I have acquired enough to purchase an estate, but I can afford nightly stays at the old inn, frequent visits to the barber, and occasional stops by the local pub. 

Every night, though, I pay my visits to the harbor and stare out to sea. Oh, how I long to return to her once more. It is at sea that I truly feel at home. If I never lay eyes on my dear Rosie again, I pray it is because I have become lost in Poseidon's magnificent wonderland. My heart yearns for the beautiful melody of crashing waves...the soft, seductive touch of cool mist on my cheek...and most of all, the spontaneous nature of her temper, how she can lash about and stir up the most amazing storms a man has ever seen. Simply glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment